Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Be There or Be Square

If you've been paying attention to the calendar, you already know that tomorrow night -- that would be Wednesday, December 20 -- is the third Wednesday of the month, which means knitting night at the Waterworks Barnes & Noble! I will be there, along with the usual knitters and, undoubtedly, the usual characters. I've also heard rumors that some other knitters and knitbloggers may be there (we may even see the return of Lori, who's been long absent from this group), and The MWP may even join us. If we're really lucky and I'm especially persuasive, J might even make an appearance.

Last night I did finish the hat for flower girl's younger sister:

Pattern: Modified Umbilical Cord Hat from Stitch and Bitch
Yarn: Paton's Classic Merino (100% wool) in Bright Red and Winter White
Needles: US 7 16" Addi Turbo circular and Susan Bates dpns
Started/Completed: December 17/December 18
Mods: a bit of fair isle thrown in for fun and added warmth, plus a rapid decrease at the top

Made up the fair isle bit as I went along, never carrying the yarn more than five stitches at a time. It's supposed to look like a red hat that has snow falling on it. The recipient is only about a year and a half old, so I doubt she'll pay much attention to the pattern anyway. Blocked last night, still a bit damp, but both hats will be ready for the girls when we see them for brunch on Saturday morning. I'll see if I can't get approval for a blog-worthy shot of the two of them.

On tonight's agenda: finish up the second of the Pumpkin Pie Socks (I'm literally about to start the toe of the second one) and block both, then start a mate for the poor, lonely original Pomatomus. I've been hearing a weird sound coming from the stash lately, and as it turned out it was my poor pathetic single Popo, who is longing for its special someone. (I only finished it back in May -- the sock's been living in the stash longer than I've been engaged!) My goal is to finish up the mate before the end of the year. I think it's doable.

See you tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. yay it was nice to finally meet you! I soooo love the yarn you are using in your pomatomus socks. Sigh yeah I'm kind of realizing that the pattern for Adamas is not so bad, but the rows are going to take forever.

    ReplyDelete