Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Week's Wrap-up

Can't believe it's already been a week since my last post. Odd that when I'm on vacation, with plenty of time to blog, I seem to go nowhere near the computer. I'm sure no one wants to hear all the details of the past seven days, so here's your Cliff's Notes version, in list format:
  • Spent Christmas in suburban D.C. with longtime family friends. Wore my Pumpkin Pie Socks on Christmas day; friends were sufficiently impressed.
  • Spent hours in the car and sitting around working on a pair of "glittens" (in U of M colors, of course) for my baby brother and a DB Baby Cashmerino tube scarf with self-designed cable pattern for my mother. Pictures of both to come.
  • Along with my J, made out like a bandit celebrating the holidays. We received several items from our registry, including my long-coveted Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer (the red one). Some extremely smart people -- my aunt and uncle and J's parents, to be exact -- gave me yarn! Well, gift cards to Knit One, so I can buy yarn without guilt of breaking my yarn diet.

All that, plus throw in a lot of sleeping, some shopping, and some doctor's appointments, is the last week in a nutshell.

It seems I've also been lax in responding to the meme for which I was tagged by Rose. This is the probably (by now) well-know "Six Weird Things" meme.

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

So, if you really care to know, here are six weird things about me.

  1. I cannot leave the house without making the bed. On the few occasions where I've overslept and had to jump into the shower without making the bed, it's bugged me literally all day (and what do you think the first thing I did was when I got home from work?). It's a sickness, I know; my roommate my senior year of college even once said to someone else that I "make the bed with one foot out of it."
  2. Most nights, especially when I'm home alone, I sleep with a stuffed elephant that I made when I was a teenager (late middle school or early high school). It was made from recycled long underwear -- you know, that waffle-y material? I sleep with it tucked under my chin, liked another pillow. I used to be so attached to it (when I lived alone, I feel I should add) that I would wake up if it managed to fall out of bed in the middle of the night.
  3. I'm a high-anxiety individual. I have a lot of phobias, chief among them flying, heights, enclosed spaces, and snakes.
  4. I can cry at the drop of a hat, even at commercials. There are plenty of movies I have to watch with a box of tissues next to me.
  5. My hands get freakishly dry in the winter, and it's mostly unrelated to knitting. The latest bizarre dryness has manifested itself in peeling palms. Ick!
  6. I could eat pasta for dinner every night and probably not get bored. Quite frankly, I live on carbs; I could never go on one of those low-carb diets.

I tag Jen, Jenn, Amanda, Donna, Heather, and YOU (if you haven't done this yet).

Tonight, an experiment: the girls and I are getting together to knit at Barnes and Noble at the Waterworks on a non-Wednesday night to see if 40 guy shows up!

I promise I'll be posting at least once more before the new year; I'm planning a retrospective of my 2006 in knitting. In the meantime, wish me luck as I attempt to finished the mate to my first Pomatomus. I'm through the gussets, but I've been seduced by the allure of the mate to the first glitten, which must be done in time to go back to Ann Arbor with brother on 1/3.

No comments:

Post a Comment