Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006: A Knitting Year in Review

2006 has been quite a prolific year for this knitter, if I do say so myself. Looking back through the archives, I've impressed myself with the volume of projects I've finished and the knitting skills I've acquired. Here's a summary:

Projects Completed in 2006

And (ready for this one?) 21 pairs of socks. A small selection:


Techniques mastered (or at least tried):

  • Entrelac
  • Fair isle/stranded knitting
  • Knitting two socks at the same time on two circular needles
  • Felting

And I'm ending the year with only three WIPs: J's gray scarf, my mother's cabled tube scarf, and the sweater for my coworker. Tomorrow I hope to give you a peek into the stash and a preview of what projects I might be knitting in the year to come.

I wish you all a very happy, healthy New Year -- may 2007 bring you much happiness, much stash enhancement, and many hours of happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment