Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bon Voyage!

Well, we are almost ready to leave. As it turns out, our flight schedule changed and we're now leaving a little earlier than originally planned. The good news is, we'll have a few hours in Boston between flights, so maybe I'll be able to get some chowdah!

After many hours of consideration, I have decided not to try to take knitting on the plane with me. I don't think I'd have an issue on the domestic flight, but a number of threads on the Ravelry forums led me to believe I might have a problem with European security. I didn't think German security would buy the argument that my German-made Addis were perfectly safe, so rather than risk losing them, they'll be making the trip in my checked baggage. Instead, I'll have some podcasts to keep me company, as well as a teach-yourself Italian book to jog my memory (only a few years ago, I was "proficient"; I'm hoping it'll all come back to me).

We'll be arriving in Venice midday Saturday and the cruise departs Sunday evening. If you're interested, you can follow our progress and see the ship's webcam here.

Pictures when we return!

9 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Venice smells nice for you at this time of year. :-) I was there in May/June in 96, and it smelled fine, but some say it's usually odiferous. It's one of my FAVORITES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun - can't wait to see your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:47 AM

    You'll be missed!!! Have a GREAT trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great time - we'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Hope you and the Mister have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're probably somewhere over the Atlantic by now, but have a fabulous time in Venice! (Said with complete sincerity, and just a minor undertone of envy. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. How FUN! I just checked the webcam, but it's night time, so unfortunately there's nothing to see. I hope you're having a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete