Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Bird in the Hand ...

Yesterday, in the middle of the last day of a very busy, very stressful week, I decided I needed a little pick-me-up, so I treated myself to a pattern that I wanted to knit as soon as I saw it: Kate Gilbert's Bird in Hand mittens. I couldn't wait to cast on as soon as I got home:

I'm using a skein leftover from The Mister's Seamless Hybrid and a skein left from my Central Park Hoodie. I really like the color combination. It's a little odd knitting with worsted weight yarn on sock needles (US 2/3 mm), but I think they will be nice and toasty when they're done.

I'm still working on Trellis -- back is done, as is the left front; right front has been cast on ...

and the swap socks are moving along nicely. We're in the middle of a nor'easter this weekend, so we're all holed up and I'm planning to knit the rest of the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love the colors on the mittens! I can't wait till my break from school when I can finally try some fair isle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:54 PM

    I love the mittens, gorgeous! And your sweater is so pretty, so many cables........ohhhh, ahhhh!

    Hope you are staying warm and knit, knit, knitting away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mitten colors are gorgeous! I really like them. Not bad for stash!

    Pretty cables too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.....I thought your Trellis was looking a wee bit on the small side and then, when I clicked on the link to the pattern, I saw WHY! I love this pattern and am printing it off immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh...I just saw that Kate Gilbert pattern via Ravelry, and they're so pretty. Can't wait to see your finished mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:55 AM

    Hooray for snowy day knitting! I knit a bunch this weekend but got zilch accomplished. LOL

    ReplyDelete