Pages

Monday, December 17, 2007

One Warm Hand

I "cheated" on Trellis all weekend and worked on nothing but my swap socks (downstairs) and my first Bird in Hand mitten (upstairs). By the time I was ready to go to bed last night, the right mitten was done (my apologies for the light quality in the photos that follow -- it was about 10 p.m., so any natural light we'd had yesterday was long gone.)

Front view ...


... and back

I'm going to hold off on the second mitten for the time being so that I can focus once again on Trellis. There really isn't all that much knitting left to do, and after indulging in a little knitting for myself I feel ready to get back to it.

I'm still not sure what project I'll be bringing to this month's meeting of the Hurricane Knitters, but I will be there with yarn to swap (see the Ravelry message board for more on this) starting at about 7 p.m. this Wednesday.

9 comments:

  1. Your Bird-in-Hand is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I do love that Bird in the Hand pattern. Must go queue. Yours look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it sad that I'm going to pack my knitting bag tonight so that I don't forget my swap yarn?

    Taking a break from obligation knitting makes going back to obligation knitting so much better. Sometimes, you have to knit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to have Big Plans for tomorrow. We'll see what happens. Glad it looks like Mother Nature is going to cooperate for Wednesday. I'll most likely bring my Monkey2 and my store sample square. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how pretty! I really like the color combo. Its amazing what you can put together out of your leftover stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the colorwork! Just buy Trellis something shiny and I'm sure it'll forgive you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Bird in Hand glove! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful mitten! I love the colorway you chose. Your finishing them when? ;-)

    ReplyDelete