Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hurricane Holidays

Last night was the last meeting of the year for the Hurricane Knitters, and the holiday spirit was all around. First, Amy surprised us with some treats:

Sneaky quilter that she is, she poked around on Ravelry to find out everyone's favorite colors and then stitched us up some fabric-embelished mini moleskine notebooks. As if that wasn't enough, she also had a cute wintery tin for each of us filled with candy, stitch markers, and coiless safety pins. Ain't she sweet?

We also had a little White Elephant sock yarn swap. This is what I came home with, courtesy of blogless Dee:


I wish you were able to touch this yarn, a dreamy 80% merino/20% cashmere blend. I think it may be too precious to put on my feet, so this may be destined to become a Chevron Scarf.

As if this new yarn weren't enough, I came home this evening to find my sock club shipment waiting for me! This was the first time I hadn't peeked at the spoilers ahead of time, and I'm glad I didn't. This colorway was by far my favorite one of the whole year -- and it came with a gorgeous Cat Bordhi pattern. I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone still waiting for this shipment, but for those of you who want to peak, you can see it in my Flickr photostream.

Tomorrow is my last day of work this year(!) and afterwards I have about a week and a half of knitting time to look forward to. Can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:54 PM

    I've been so busy I completely forgot about the last STR shipment until it arrived on my doorstep today. I'm with you on the colorway - it's gorgeous, and definitely my favorite of the whole year. But then again, blue is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:06 PM

    Glad you liked the yarn! I think the chevron scarf will be great for it. I had some that I used for a pair of monkey socks and they are so soft.

    The swap was a great idea! A lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRAP that STR is gorgeous! Very curious if it's a "New Pathways"-type pattern.

    That Quartette yarn from blogless Dee is just awesome, but I'm excited about my Zen String too! :) We're going to try to do the Nationality rooms tomorrow. Should be interesting! (almost a real word for verification: waltw)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colorway? WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:11 AM

    I love the STR colorway. It is sooo pretty. Maybe they'll release it to the public in time for MSW. I'm jealous you have so much time off for the holidays! Enjoy your knitting time. I wonder how many socks you'll complete! Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for winter vaca! Dig the moleskin notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yarn will make a gorgeous Chevron!
    This STR kit is my favorite yarn of the year too! I love the blues! The problem is...I have way too many things going and will have to put off making this pair (I actually JUST cast on another blue pair 1 day before the kit arrived)

    ReplyDelete