Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Speedy Needles

This past week, I've experienced an almost magical combination of bulky yarn, fast needles, and a large gauge. After casting on at the last knit night, I'm only half a row and a bind off away from completing the body of The Mister's Big Thaw.

I've also got only a toe to go before I finish the first of a pair of socks for a friend.


The Mister and I are headed down to Deep Creek, Md., this weekend so that he can go skiing. I don't ski, which means I'll have a day with my wool. You may see a finished sweater in a few days!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, is that the sock yarn you picked up on Saturday? You're zipping right along!

    (my word verification is "comicist," funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:31 PM

    Gotta love bulky yarn!! The striping on your sock is beautiful! Have fun knitting in the lodge :-)

    ReplyDelete