Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back on the Bandwagon

In typical fashion, I missed the boat on one of those patterns. You know the patterns I'm talking about -- everywhere you look, it seems people are knitting them. In this case, I'm talking about Ishbel. I bought the booklet containing the pattern a couple of months ago, but I couldn't decide on what yarn to use. Finally, I remembered that I had a really pretty skein in my stash that hadn't been touched since I'd purchased it sometime last year (I think).

The reason this hadn't been used? Well, I tried to wind it into a center-pull ball shortly after I purchased it and found that it was horribly tangled. So I promptly put it in the back of the stash and forgot about it until last weekend. When I rediscovered it, I sucked it up and wound it into a ball by hand so I could finally cast on for my shawl. A week later, it was finished:

Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda Teague from Whimsical Little Knits
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock (100% superwash merino), colorway Persia, less than one skein
Needles: 32" US 6 (4 mm) Addi Turbo circs
Started/Completed: April 17/April 25
Mods: none

There isn't much to say about this shawl that probably hasn't already been said. It's a fun, quick little knit, with just enough lace to be entertaining. The fact that I finished it in a week with a baby in the house says a lot.

I'm looking forward to wearing this in the mornings for my walk into work; it's still been fairly chilly here most mornings, and I've been wearing my Swallowtail Shawl to death the past several weeks. It'll be nice to have an alternate.

I also seem to have caught the lace bug again and have become enamored of small, shawlette-sized pieces, so I've cast on for another one -- Traveling Woman in some of my handspun Falkland. It feels good to be knitting productively again!

13 comments:

  1. It turned out Fabulous! The color is really great with the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-speedy, as always. And I really like the colors of that yarn. Go figure. I am nothing if not predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unfortunately i can relate to the malabrigo winding issues. :-( nonetheless gorgeous shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was the resolution to the pattern error?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!
    I've not done any of those popular little shawls yet either - Ishbel, Traveling Woman, Aestlight, Damson, Citron and more are all in my queue - maybe this summer...
    Traveling Woman will be so pretty in your ASU Falkland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:47 AM

    That is gorgeous! It really looks like Madeline Tosh's lace yarn colorway that I have. It's so pretty. Back on the bandwagon and no more baby stuff?

    Hey, so my sister is pregnant and they don't want to know if it's a boy or a girl, what should I knit them? I thought of an heirloom blanket. Any suggestions sarah?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous! I have yet to knit that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz T.4:29 PM

    ...can't knit that fast (or beautifully!) and I have no little ones! (except my precious grandsons!) You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. crazycrafter5:43 PM

    That is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Ishbel! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you serious? One week? WOW! I have some nice Hand Maiden that I purchased for Ishbel last year and now I will definitely move it up in my queue. Of course, you knit much faster than I do! It is very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quick even while back to work and with a baby. Did I hear the term supermom? I think so....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! Your Traveling Woman is going to be spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete