Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Too Cute to Wear?

I have a small backlog of projects I've yet to show you, and I finally got around to getting final (though rather bad) pictures of one. This goes into the "spun to finished" category.

Polwarth from All Spun Up, colorway A Somewhat Seuss-ish Trout:

Spun into a two-ply DK-ish weight yarn:

And knit up into a cute little hat:

Pattern: Aviatrix by Justine Turner (Ravelry link)
Yarn: handspun polwarth, as listed above
Needles: US 4 (3.5 mm) and US 5 (3.75 mm)
Started/Completed: December 6, 2010/December 15, 2010

I knit this up in time for Rainbow's first birthday -- that is, the knitting was finished in time for her birthday (actually, I'm pretty sure I cast off while she was napping/sleeping off her stomach bug on her birthday), but then the hat sat in my knitting bag for about a month and a half before I finally got around to sewing on the buttons and blocking it. Why it took so long for me to do a job that took all of five minutes is beyond me. Rainbow clearly wasn't in a hurry for me to finish it, though, as you can see from this picture:

Yes, we did force her to wear it, and she had a mini meltdown over it. She forgot about it after a couple of minutes and wore it happily all the way to daycare, but it was a no go when I tried to put it on again when I picked her up this afternoon. The girl just does not appreciate handknits yet!

3 comments:

  1. Awww... Rainbow - don't you know how lucky you are to get a spun and knit hat from your mommy? When she's older she'll look back at this photo and laugh! And be embarrassed, I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pucs. That is gorgeous handspun, a gorgeous hat, and a gorgeous baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will eventually appreciate the handknits. Meanwhile, it's a very cute sweater!

    ReplyDelete