Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ready for Fall

Fall officially starts tomorrow, and my knitting mojo is officially back and in full swing.

Last night, I decided to have a little finishing party to take care of the projects that were only waiting for finishing touches to be finished. First, I got out the STR Baby Surprise Jacket, which only needed some edging (in single crochet) around the sleeve cuffs and a couple of buttons. I finished the edging and wove in all my ends, but I couldn't find two matching buttons in the appropriate size in my button stash, so I will have to get those at my LYS this weekend. The sweater needs a good blocking to get it clean and to get the edges to behave a little better, but I'm pretty much at the point now where I can cross it off my baby knitting list.

Next, I bit the bullet and finally sewed the buttons on my Essential Cardigan. I'd picked out a couple of button options last week, so I picked the winning selection and got busy with my needle and thread. It really didn't take that much time, but I wouldn't exactly call it fun to sew buttons with black thread on dark gray fabric. Fortunately, I had some good entertainment on my computer while I was working (I'm finally caught up, yay!), so it didn't get too tedious. I plopped the sweater in the tub this morning after my shower and laid it out to dry after breakfast, so I should have a sweater ready to wear this weekend, should I so choose.


There are several other baby projects to work on/start, but I'm taking a bit of a break to work on Rainbow's Roo. I'd really like her to be able to wear it this fall, before it gets so cold that she needs a real winter coat, so I'm trying to plow through it as quickly as I can. I'm a handful of rows from getting to the armhole shaping on the back at this point, and it seems to be the right size when held up to her, so so far, so good.


Meanwhile, during my lunch breaks, I've been working on a sock (yes, I know, I'm just as shocked as you are). I unearthed a pattern I had written down several years ago in a notebook that I just pulled out again and am making a few adjustments to it. It's written to fit my feet, but I'd like to upsize it as well, so I'll be doing a little figuring on it.

That's a lot of knitting, isn't it? Yep, I'd say fall is definitely here.

4 comments:

  1. I love the ROO pattern and can't wait to see it knit up! Thanks for the IMDB link. I'll have to give that a try. I think it is easier on the neck watching things on the computer when I knit than the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as if autumn inspires knitterly spring cleaning. Cooler days seem to suddenly inspire a need to make warm things, finish projects and well, make warm things! I'm incredibly impressed by those teeny buttons on your Essential Cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive! I have a pathetic number of projects that are thisclose to finished and I just haven't buckled down to finish them. Maybe once I get my loom into its new home, I'll start tackling a few things on that list. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to your EC's final photo shoot and Rainbow's Roo is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making that Roo look even more tempting...

    ReplyDelete