Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Indecision

I am still plugging away at my Stripe Study Shawl, but I've come to a bit of an impasse. I was planning on making it bigger (i.e., adding more stripes) because (a) I had much more yarn than called for and (b) because of my smaller gauge, it was going to turn out smaller if I knit it as specified in the pattern. So now I've done 13 stripes (the pattern calls for 12) and there's still a decent-sized ball of GWAT left. I could do another stripe and then the border, but the rows are getting really, really long, and the border rows will only get longer.



The way I see it, I have two choices: do one more stripe in GWAT and the normal border or start the border now and make it wider if I want. Okay, technically I guess there's a third option: do the border now and make it the normal size. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Make it bigger! More stripes. You won't regret it. I made one standard and one with 13 stripes, both at the size written. The larger one is the one I wear most because it has the extra length to stay on and drape well. Keep with it! You'll be pleased that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. keep with it or you'll be unhappy in the end and maybe not wear it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use up all the yarn, another stripe!

    ReplyDelete