Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Little Bit of This, a Little Bit of That*

Since finishing the sweater and the shawl, I've been a little aimless when it comes to knitting projects. The Tour de Fleece starts Saturday, so I haven't really wanted to start a big project that will then be neglected for the next month.

First I knit a couple of dishcloths because the ones we've been using in the kitchen are looking a little shabby.


Then I pulled out the Shur'tugal Socks that I started on the way down to MDSW and have been working on a little at a time since then (the first sock is done through the gusset decreases).


I couldn't resist the urge to start another sweater, though, so I decided that if I was going to start something headed into the Tour de Fleece, it should at least be something in handspun. I pulled out my oversized skein of All Spun Up Polwarth/silk from the very end of last year and wound it all into one very large yarn cake. Over the last two evenings, I knit up a swatch for the Breezy Cardigan, a lightweight version of what has become my favorite handknit sweater. With size 4 needles, I got nearly perfect gauge -- 24 stitches and 37 rows (pattern calls for 24 stitches and 36 rows).


I have the day off tomorrow, so I'll be planting myself on the couch at my LYS for most of the day and casting on. I will need to pick up some ChiaoGoo Red Lace needles, though. I used my trusty Addis for the swatch and they are just not pointy enough!


*If you know the score of Fiddler on the Roof as well as I, then I'm sorry for the earworm.

2 comments:

  1. Nah, Mambo #5 shoved its way into my head instead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see how this looks, and I like the ChiaGoo Red Lace as well.
    I love Fiddler on the Roof but wasn't going to sing along until you actually named it, but I now have "But do you love me?" in my head. With Topol's sweet face to boot. :)

    ReplyDelete