Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Crazed and Confused

It's been one of those weeks. Work has been busy, the weather has been hot and stormy, and I just can't seem to get any traction on any of my current projects. Behind the scenes, I've been putting the finishing touches on the pattern for my Mad May shawl (hoping to release it next week or early the following week). I have another pattern to try to finish up this weekend. And I'm still trying to finish up the most recent clue for my TTL Mystery Shawl (though that should take just a bit of my time tonight).

On top of all that, have I mentioned that I started running again? The last time I ran with any regularity was about nine years ago, but I've been trying to get back into shape. The Mister has been an avid runner for several years now and likes to run 5Ks, so my goal is to be able to run one with him. There's a run around our neighborhood in October, so that's the target date to be able to run 3.2 miles. Right now, I'm managing just a bit more than a mile at a time (and when I say a bit more, I mean like I finish the block I'm in the middle of when I hit a mile), but I am starting to notice that it's just a tad easier to breathe when I run, so I'm hopeful that I can start to add a little more distance in the next couple of weeks. I started off running just on the weekend, but this week I started doing evening runs as well. I prefer running in the morning because it's cooler and there's less traffic when I have to cross streets, but I will say that I do get a good feeling from running off the day's stress.

The past two evenings were spent trying to finish up my second bobbin of Fat Cat Knits singles, which I did manage to do last night. I did do a bit of knitting last night as well, but it's a swatch for a submission, so I can't show you (not that it'd be all that interesting to see at this point anyway). Will you settle for a pretty bobbin shot until I have some actual knitting to show you?


I'm hoping that this weekend I'll be able to focus on one project or another and actually accomplish something. Then perhaps I can shake this funk I'm in -- I want to feel excited about my knitting again! Of course, the Tour de Fleece (also known as the three weeks or so when I pretty much ignore my knitting) is coming up soon. I'm guessing that's probably exactly when my knitting mojo will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment