Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Keeping Pace

The second clue of the Through the Loops Mystery Shawl came out over the weekend (though I didn't actually get to look at it until Monday), so I am working to keep up with that. I am nearly done with this portion. The rows are now getting noticeably longer.


I'm still very much enjoying how the colors are playing in the yarn, and the color changes combined with lace mean that I'm thinking "Just one more row!" quite a bit.

Meanwhile, I spent a bit of time working on my Sople over the weekend. I'm just about ready to start working in the third skein of yarn, and I'm about four rows from switching over to a smaller needle for the ribbing and cables at the bottom of the body. That means that I'm nearly done with the body! I'm excited to get to the sleeves -- it's been a while since I did top-down set-in sleeves, and the last go-round didn't work out too well, as I recall. I have faith that this time will be better.


Finally, I gave my Knit Picks socks some attention over the weekend, and as I result I'm on the heel flap of the second sock. These will go back into rotation as my lunchtime knitting once I'm finished  with the Mystery Shawl for the week, and my hope is to have them done and ready to be photographed by the weekend.


In other news, remember the shawl I designed and knit for Mad May? I'm very happy to report that it won the Mad May original design contest! I also have the pattern in testing right now, and one of my testers has already finished (would you believe she knit the entire thing in five days?). Everyone else seems to be well on their way, and it's possible they'll be done before the deadline. The plan is to release the pattern by the end of the month (or, at the very latest, by the beginning of July). There's been a lot of interest on Ravelry -- I even had someone PM me yesterday to show me the yarn she's already bought for it! -- so needless to say, I am getting anxious to get it out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment