Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Truly Tuesday?

Is it really only Tuesday? It's been an interesting week so far. Yesterday the Mister came down with a Man Cold (the kind that requires one to take to one's bed), and today I took the day off due to Rainbow's first (half) day of first grade, so things have been feeling off all day. It's weird to go into work for one day, to begin with, and then there were the sleeping arrangements. We had enough foresight to buy a pull-out sleeper sofa for the den (the former nursery) when Rainbow moved into what was the guest room, so I encamped there last night so that the Mister wouldn't have to worry about disturbing me during the night. Add to that the fact that I didn't have to wake up at the usual time this morning (I went for a run after I dropped Rainbow off at school, so I waited until later to shower and eat breakfast) and I've been all discombobulated.

Luckily, the knitting has been going well. The Mister went to bed early last night, so I popped a movie in and knit the entire evening in the den before turning in. I managed to complete the last repeats of the scarf over the weekend, so I've now picked up for the ribbing on the first of the sides. I didn't think the scarf was that long until I saw it all bunched up on my 40" circular.


For some reason I had it in my head that I'd just zip through the ribbing on the sides, but the pickup alone on the first side took a good 45 minutes or so (400+ stitches in that pickup row!). I only managed three rows after that, but I'm feeling confident that this evening -- provided I can stay awake long enough -- I can at least finish this side. I expect that it will take me another two evenings to pick up and knit the second side, so I anticipate blocking by the weekend. I am very much looking forward to blocking this piece to see if I can get some additional length and width as well as some drape.

I've continued to work on my handspun socks at work, and I've finished the first one and gotten about three inches of leg done on the second. No picture, I'm afraid, but I'll show you them soon.

I'm really looking forward to the long weekend coming up. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, and it's always nice to have an extra day. Now let's just hope the Mister gets over this cold soon so we can celebrate our anniversary (nine years this Friday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment