Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

And Another Skein Done

When I bought all the fiber and started spinning for my Boxy sweater, I had some crazy notion that I'd get all the yarn spun before we left for our winter vacation and that I'd start knitting while we were away. Needless to say, that's not going to happen. I did, however, finish up the second skein this weekend.


This is 4 oz. of the darker blue, color, Bay, and I ended up with approximately 267 yards of three-ply heavy fingering. I'm now glad that I bought three extra braids of fiber to spin because I know I wouldn't have had enough with what I originally bought. I can't tell if it's because the yarn does poof up a bit (meaning the length of the skein shrinks) or if it's just a characteristic of the fibers that gives me lower yardage, but I fully understand that I won't get huge yardage in these skeins. That said, I am very pleased with the quality of the yarn.


I've also been spinning my Fibernymph Dye Works Holiday Countdown mini bundles of fiber and am hoping to have those singles finished up early this week. If you are spinning these and are going along with the date and don't want to be spoiled, look away!




I ran out of light long before I finished spinning this afternoon, so there are even more singles on the bobbin now -- it's actually almost full! I have five bundles left to spin, and I'm likely going to spin them onto a new bobbin. I'm planning to ply all the singles into one skein, though, probably on my miniSpinner. Ideally, that will happen by next weekend, so if you're interested to see just how crazy this skein of yarn is going to be, check back next Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Before you know it you will have all your yarn done for your Boxy! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete