Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Decisions Made

It's now the evening before we're due to leave for our trip, and I'm happy to say that I made up my mind about what to take with me.


The last-minute add-on is the bright Gale's Art sock blank you see on the left; that was one of my Rhinebeck acquisitions, and I've been itching to use it. I'm also taking two skeins of Knit Picks Felici that will become another pair of socks for Rainbow (the pink/purple/yellow skeins at the top), the green Knit Picks Stroll Tonal and the blue Baby Ull will become a Whippersnapper that is a baby gift, the two skeins of gray Lorna's Laces on the right will become a new sample pair of my Intrecciate Socks, and the gray and pale blue in the middle are Fibernymph Dye Works Traveler for a new design. I'm fairly confident this will be enough and that I won't get through it all, but just in case I do, I've discovered a yarn store that's about 20 minutes away from where we'll be staying, so I can always make an emergency trip if I need to.

Meanwhile, I finished my socks with the new heel last night. Rainbow helped me out with a little photo shoot today, and the draft of the pattern is all written up, so I'll be putting the pattern together this weekend and sending it off to my tech editor for after Christmas.


For those of you wondering about the shawl, I'm happy to tell you that it looks like it will be finished tonight. As of this moment, I have six rows and a bind off left to do. Ideally, I'd like to finish in time to block it tonight as well, but I'm not sure that will happen. Blocking can always wait until we get back, anyway. The important thing is finishing!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the finish!! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete