Pages

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

All Squared

It's Tuesday, right? I certainly hope so -- Monday holidays always get my internal calendar messed up.

It was a relaxing weekend in spite of a number of obligations, but I did manage to get my second and final blanket square done just before bed last night (and before the long weekend was officially over). Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to block them before it was time to turn in for the night, so you'll have to settle for a still-wonky shot.


As I suspected, it was much easier to knit the square and end up with a tidier result the second time around. I also saved myself some grief by weaving in all ends but the last one as I completed each miter, so when I finished binding off, I had only four tails to weave in.

I plan to block these neatly tonight and then send off both squares and my leftover gray to Kat this weekend so that she can seam them. I'm very glad to get this obligation done because I have some crazy design deadlines to deal with and didn't want the rest of the group to be waiting for me. It feels good to be knitting for someone else, though next time I think I might choose a less crazy time of year to do it!

1 comment:

  1. I love these squares so much! I can't wait to start the assembly! :)

    ReplyDelete