Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Free Knitting

My secret projects are done, finally, so now I can get back to my "fun" knitting. I still have one design project on the needles, and that's the shawl using Fibernymph Dye Works mini skeins that I started last month and that has been in forced hibernation for quite some time. It's coming along nicely, and I've now wound all the remaining mini skeins so that there won't be any need to pause my knitting. For the time being, the shawl is my lunchtime knitting.

It's reached that awkward teenage stage
I was happy with the way this was knitting up, but I've run into a slight snag with my plan, and I might have to rip back and start over. I'm hoping I can still make it work, but if not, I'm off to the frog pond -- that's just the way it goes sometimes.

My evening knitting project is now Rainbow's Hyphen sweater. I'm nearly finished with the yoke at this point.


It would be great if I could get this sweater done by the end of the month, though I recognize that that's a stretch goal. I'm really anxious to cast on my Floozy cardigan, especially because I just confirmed yesterday that I will be going to Rhinebeck once again this year with the folks from the Ross Farm. I'm under no illusion that I can finish a fingering-weight sweater in time to wear it to Rhinebeck, but the trip up there means lots of knitting time, so it would be good to have it on the needles and at least be done with the yoke so that it's mindless knitting. But watch me say this now and then get distracted by something else in the meantime!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I have the utmost faith in you!

    ReplyDelete