Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2018

An Itch Scratched

I said I really wanted to do it, so last night I did: I cast on a new sweater. I ended up finishing the crazy deadline project Tuesday evening, so last night I wound up the yarn that Rainbow picked out for her next sweater way back in March and finally cast on.


This is the very start of the Hyphen sweater by Lisa Chemery (aka Froginette) in Spencer Hill Molly, a worsted-weight Merino that is naturally dyed. The colorway is called Raspberry Beret and is a blush pink that seems to be hard to capture on camera, particularly in the early morning light. You may remember that I've knit this pattern a couple of times before as baby gifts; this time I am knitting the largest size, size 8, in the hopes that it will still fit Rainbow when I finish. She seems to have gone through a growth spurt over the summer and is noticeably taller, but she's still a bit of a string bean, so I figure if anything it might end up a bit short on her. That might not be an issue, as I actually have less yardage than the pattern calls for and thought I might make it a bit cropped anyway. The beauty of the top-down sweater is that length is completely adjustable, so we'll figure it all out as I knit.

I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to cast on for my Floozy cardigan, but that hasn't stopped me from planning ahead for yet another sweater for me and ordering some yarn over the weekend that arrived a couple of days ago.


This is Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce in the colorway Runaway, a colorway I've coveted since Rainbow bought a skein of it and used it for her first hat. I am very close to earning two skeins of yarn through Lisa's Conversion Rewards Program, and I'm planning to get two more skeins of Bounce in this colorway so I can use them all for a sweater -- perhaps another Boxy or a similarly shaped pullover. I must be a glutton for punishment if I'm pondering another fingering-weight oversized sweater, but I can't help it!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like the feeling of casting on a new project!

    ReplyDelete