Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2019

31-derful

I got such a rush from finishing my sweater that I decided to move on to focus on finishing the next project, and that ended up being my combo spin. I spent a couple extra nights at my wheel in place of knitting this week, and that was enough extra time to get me through the rest of the fiber as of this afternoon. That's right -- I have finished spinning all of the singles for my combo spin!


I love that every bobbin looks different; it suggests that I did a fairly good job of randomly selecting my fiber so that the eight different colorways are all mixed up. I know that these singles are thicker than my norm, so naturally they spun up faster, but I'm still rather impressed with myself for spinning 880 g (or about 31 oz.) of singles in roughly a month -- especially considering that I mostly spin only on the weekend.

I am eager to start plying, but I figured I should be good and let the singles rest a bit first so that I don't have to fight with them. In the meantime, I'll move on to the next project.

2 comments:

  1. The singles look good now and can't wait to see what they look like plied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see how this looks when you have it plied up!

    ReplyDelete