Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2019

A Tale of Three Projects

Technically I only have two active WIPs right now, but there's a third project in the mix that isn't fully finished just yet, so I'm counting it as a project on my radar at the moment.

The first WIP, you will likely guess, is my Rhinebeck sweater, which now has a little more than half a sleeve and is moving right along. I should be able to finish up this first sleeve by the end of the weekend; if all goes well, I'll also make some decent progress on the second sleeve.


Yesterday I started a new pair of socks for Rainbow. Several weeks ago I received a skein from Lisa of Fibernymph Dye Works to use to knit her a small sample to display in her booth when she does shows. In return for doing the sample, I got to keep what was left of the skein. I had 92 g of yarn left (the full skein was a bit overweight), and while that'd likely be enough for a pair for me, I thought it would be better not to play yarn chicken and use it for Rainbow instead. I divided the skein into two smaller cakes and am knitting toe up so I can just knit until I'm out of yarn.


Finally, off the needles but not yet blocked is my brioche sock yarn hat. I don't expect it to change much with blocking, but at least it'll settle all the stitches into place. I'm pleased with it, especially the crown. Now I just have to write up the pattern!


We have a slightly calmer weekend ahead, at least compared to last weekend. On Saturday, Rainbow and I have an appointment at the post office to submit our passport applications. Then my mother and I might go see the Downton Abbey movie, and then we have reservations for dinner to celebrate the Mister's birthday (which actually on Sunday). Sunday should be a relaxing day, and that's when I plan to get a lot of knitting done. Here's hoping all goes according to plan!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing your Mister a happy birthday! And, applauding your knitting speed! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really moving along on your Rhinebeck sleeves. I can't wait to see them and their colorwork. The ones at the lower yoke remind me of plates and silverware, and the circles with the x look like map symbols. Your sample knitting for FDW is a win-win. The samples of how the yarn knits up are really helpful (she had sold a lot by Sunday afternoon at NJ Sheep), and you get enough yarn for Rainbow socks. Happy Birthday Mister and Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your Rhinebeck sweater! Happy weekending...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater is beautiful! And that hat is pretty sweet too! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete