Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Is Tonight the Night?

Well, friends, we are on the precipice. If this evening goes smoothly (meaning I can get Rainbow to bed at a reasonable hour), it looks like I just might be able to finish my Rhinebeck sweater! Last night I finished all the decreases on the second sleeve, so all that remains is a handful of plain rounds, the colorwork band, and the ribbed cuff -- about 35 rounds of knitting in all. I managed to do that much last night in about an hour and a half, so it seems like a realistic goal.


The timing couldn't be better because I intend to start writing up the pattern this weekend. Ideally I'd like to get the complete pattern to my tech editor sometime next week to ensure that she has enough time to review it and that I have enough time to make any needed adjustments before Rhinebeck weekend. I'm hoping to recruit some test knitters, but I won't expect anyone to actually finish a sweater before the pattern is released. If you're interested, let me know.

I am already plotting for a new sweater, in part because this arrived in the mail yesterday:

Color is way off -- it's very overcast this morning!
This is a very poor representation of four skeins of Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles that Bonny sent me (I got lucky and won them in a giveaway she had on her blog). The colorway is Potluck, which is definitely in my wheelhouse with these gorgeous deep blues and greens. I have 1,600 yards total -- plenty to make myself a light, flowy sweater or a positively enormous shawl. Pattern suggestions are welcome!

I am still trying to finish up Rainbow's socks by the end of the month, which I think shouldn't be too hard as I'm almost finished with the foot of the second sock.

Not much reading has been happening this week, but I did manage to finish up The Testaments on Monday. I won't give away too much, as I know many of you are reading it or plan to, but suffice it to say that I loved it and found it a very satisfying follow-up to The Handmaid's Tale. 5 stars from me! I'm now looking forward to reading the first selection in the new book club/discussion group that Bonny, Carole, and Kym are leading. Normally I'd borrow the book from the library, but for this one, I know I'm going to want to underline/highlight passages and make notes, so I ordered a (very affordable) paperback from Amazon. It should arrive today and I'm excited to start reading it tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Woo! I really love your sweater and I am positive that it will be finished with time to spare tonight! I have The Testaments waiting in the wings and I plan to start it as soon as I finish the couple of things in my library queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that Rainbow is feeling sleepy a bit early and tonight is the night you finish up that great sweater. I'm looking forward to seeing what you knit with the yarn!

    ReplyDelete