Pages

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

An Easy Finish

I hope no one has been anxiously waiting since last week to see if I finished my sweater, but just in case, I'm here to set your mind at ease. It's done!


I made it a real priority on Thursday evening, so that meant I not only finished the second sleeve, I also wove in all the remaining ends and was able to block it. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate this past weekend for a photo shoot (in fact, it is still quite warm here and is predicted to get close to our record high temperature today), but more seasonal temps are supposed to come later this week and I'm hoping to take it out for an official shoot this weekend. In the meantime, would you settle for a really bad selfie? We were too rushed this morning for Rainbow to take a photo for me, so this is the best I could do.


The fit is perfect -- which I suppose it should be considering that I designed it to be that way, but I'm always a little worried that something crazy will happen. Blocking settled the colorwork tension a bit and allowed the yarn to bloom, so the fabric is less lumpy bumpy now. I've got a few more finishing touches to put on the pattern and then it will be off to my tech editor by tomorrow, if not sooner.

My other project that I was determined to finish before the end of the month was Rainbow's new pair of socks, and those were finished up Saturday night. She kindly modeled them for me on Sunday just before we were off to Rosh Hashanah dinner.


I knit these toe up using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel template (we measured a new one recently because her feet have grown since last December). There's a bit of room in them, per her request, so that she won't outgrow them too soon.

Now that these projects have been completed, I'm moving on to some gift knitting. On Sunday I cast on a Little Worsted Sock Arms for my nephew for this fall and winter. There's not much to look at just yet, so no photo, I'm afraid. I'm also going to be starting a new pair of socks at lunch today for my father, as he'll be turning 70 in two weeks. I'm hoping that will be enough time to crank out a pair of socks! I also may be casting on another sweater for me soon. I may not finish it in time for Rhinebeck, but at least I can get started and then take it with me for the car and the evenings!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful Rhinebeck sweater finish, along with Rainbow's wonderful socks! They're both terrific, and your future knitting plans also sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Sarah! I had no worries at all that you would finish with time to spare! I love those socks as well - the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete