Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Time to Get Monogamous

It's July 23 (yes, really; I checked!). One week remains in the month, and I've decided that I really want to finish Rainbow's blanket by the end of the month. So I've decided to buckle down and focus on it almost exclusively. But I have updates on other projects. First, an FO you got a peek at yesterday:


Pattern: Amigurumi Alpaca from A Little Love Every Day
Yarn: Knit Picks Dishie in Verdigris (approximately 66.5 yds.) and Swan (approximately 19 yds.)
Hook: 3.0 mm
Started/Completed: July 16/July 21
Mods: none (at least not any that were intentional!)

I went through a period when I was a teenager when I was making little stuffed animals, but that was, um, quite a few years ago and I had to relearn the technique. Once I got the hang of it, and once I realized that I needed to stick a locking stitch marker in the first stitch of the round to keep track of where it was, it was much easier to than I was expecting. In reality, this little guy didn't take as long as the start-to-finish dates would suggest. I did a bunch when I first started, then put it aside for a couple days, and then pretty much did the rest on Tuesday. I'm sure there are a few mistakes, but you really can't tell and I know for a fact that my nephew won't know the difference. I may try to make a companion in the next week, but I'm not stressing about it if I don't get around to it. I stuffed him just enough to make him squishy and embroidered the face to make him baby safe. The hardest part of the project was definitely sewing on all the little appendages!

I've also gotten past the split on my Torbellino, though I haven't knit on it in a couple of days. I'm at least at the point where it's all stockinette in the round for quite a bit, so it's now a mindless knit.


And here's where things stand on Rainbow's blanket. I've got about half of the current skein left to add plus two full skeins.


I'm fairly certain that she will find this to be big enough when this yarn is used up, particularly given that we can stretch it out even bigger in blocking. Lately she's been favoring blankets that are technically baby blankets, ones that either cover her legs or can be wrapped around her shoulders. And I'm feeling pretty confident that if I focus on this project for even just a few days, I'll be able to wrap it up. If I just end up using the yarn I have left here, it should mean about 3,100 yards or 2,800 meters to add to my Stash Dash total -- more than enough to push me over the 10K mark!

5 comments:

  1. I love that post title—and the start of your sweater! Sounds like it’s at a good point for some
    simultaneous book listening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that alpaca! What a cutie :)

    Rainbow is going to be thrilled with this blanket - nice job, mama! And I can't wait to see your sweater grow. I love your yarn choices and the yoke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little alpaca is super cute!! Now I kinda want to make one for myself.
    Rainbow's blanket looks amazing - you really whipped this one out, it's gonna be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get a lot done on projects when you've got lots going, so I have no doubt you'll finish Rainbow's blanket by being monogamous. 3,100 yards is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly make good progress on projects. Rainbow's blanket is so charming. I love the wonkiness of it unblocked. The little stuffy is very sweet. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete