Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Inchworming to a Sweater Spin

Spinning has taken a bit of a back seat this week as I've been focusing on finishing up my wrap, but it's still happening here and there, and my Shifty sweater spin is getting closer to being finished. I have grouped all my finished skeins together and laid them out with my current spin, and I really like what I'm seeing.


The fiber is my current spin -- Ice Cave on Bond -- and I think I'm going to use it and the two skeins to the left of it for my main colors. The lightest blue skein and the purple and orange skein will be my contrast colors. I'm going to spin one more contrast skein as well (the pattern calls for three contrast colors), and I pulled this recent club shipment:


The lighting wasn't great for this photo, but I think the colors will go well together. There's a bluish gray and some deep purple-y reds in here, plus the orange. I think once I get finished with my knitting project, it won't take me too long to get these last two skeins spun up. I already bought the pattern and hope to be able to start knitting by the end of next month at the latest!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful color combination. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lovely colors will make a beautiful sweater! I'm looking forward to seeing it develop in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a gorgeous Shifty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never cease to be amazed at how dramatically the fiber changes once spun up! I really like your choices, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I can't wait to see the knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful colors - like others, I cannot wait to see your knitting. It will be a gorgeous sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be a really beautiful colour palette - the purple and the gold-fish like fibre will bring such lovely contrasts to the darker colours!! :) I'm looking forward to this. :)

    ReplyDelete