After starting out the week with rain and chill, we've been lucky to have what, to me, is perfect fall weather to end it. It's been clear and mostly dry, with warm sunshine but low humidity and highs in the 60s. We did have to turn on the heat upstairs because the house was actually colder than it was outside, but I've been happily walking Ruthie wearing long sleeves and a light sweatshirt on top. It feels so good not to be melting! I'd say we're a bit off from peak fall color, but the dogwood in our backyard -- always early to turn -- has started changing from green to red and yellow, so I know it's just a matter of time.
Speaking of Ruthie, she has also been enjoying the cooler weather by cozying up in her fleece blanket:
The weekend ahead looks beautiful, and I'm so glad. We're going out to dinner Saturday night with my in-laws and my brother- and sister-in-law (and their two boys) to celebrate both couples' anniversary, which they share. And Sunday morning is the
Great Race, in which I'll be running the 5K. Molly has decided not to run this year, and the Mister is going to make the decision whether he's up to it or not on the day (he's still recovering from his injury). To ensure I'm rested enough, I'm taking today off from running, though I don't expect I will break last year's PR even though I'm now regularly running longer distances. The older I get, the happier I am to have a slower pace but the stamina to run for longer. It will probably be chilly Sunday morning, but it should be dry! I'll let you know how I did when I check in on Monday.
Until then, please enjoy this first weekend of fall, officially, in the Northern Hemisphere!
Ruthie looks so comfy and cozy! Wishing you all the best in the race. We've got a very windy and rainy weekend ahead, but that's good for knitting and reading. I'm okay with that as long as there's no damage or flooding.
ReplyDeleteSweet Ruthie! Frankie has been cozied up too! I am happy with the lack of humidity this week... a very good thing! Good luck on Sunday!
ReplyDeleteWe were up north for a few days earlier this week and it was downright COLD up there! Best part? No mosquitos! Enjoy the weekend, Sarah.
ReplyDeleteIt's been long sleeves season here too and I'm so excited! I put the cozy blanket in Coleslaw's papasan chair and she is living for blanket weather lol.
ReplyDelete