Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The First Step Is Admitting You Have a Problem

Alright, I'll admit it: I am utterly, hopelessly addicted to stranded colorwork. I just can't get enough of it. The already-strong pull to knit "just one more round" is even stronger when you're working with two colors and a pattern is starting to emerge.

After finishing my hat last week and then making the world's biggest pompom for it over the weekend, I figured I had enough yarn leftover to make a slightly scaled-down version for Rainbow if I reversed the colors. I knit up a short brim on Sunday night, and then last night I got started on the stranded work.


I'm now a little more than halfway through the chart, so I should be able to finish that part up tonight. It's been a bit of a challenge because I have to mentally reverse the colors in the chart; there have been a handful of times I haven't done that successfully and have had to tink back, but fortunately there haven't been any errors I haven't caught almost right away. If I can at least start the crown tonight, I should be able to finish the hat by tomorrow. I've promised Rainbow a pompom if there's enough yarn leftover, though there's no way it will be as big as mine.

My Caesious was finished up on Sunday night, but it's still waiting for its ends to be woven in and to be blocked. I'm hoping to do both of those things in the next couple of days. Hunter has started the KAL for the next Curl in the book, Cerise, so I anticipate casting on for that once the hat is done. That means there is some stash diving in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment