Pages

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Still Addicted

I have not made much progress on my Caesious this week because I've once again been sucked in by the addiction that is stranded colorwork. I cast on for a new hat on Sunday and finished it last night. I'm not quite ready for the full reveal yet, but I can show you the "guts," which, in my opinion, are almost as pretty as the outside:


This hat is a collaboration with Rita of Yarn Hollow. The two colors of her Tor DK are Pittsburgh-specific colorways that are, I believe, exclusive to my LYS, Natural Stitches. Rita contacted me a couple of months ago about putting together a special Natural Stitches pattern for some of these colorways, and it's been a lot of fun to sketch and plan. I'm hoping to get the pattern written up this weekend so I can get it off to the tech editor and get it out in the world while it's still warm enough to need a winter hat!

1 comment:

  1. Come again now...Pittsburgh-specific colorways? I'm thinking you need to design a Pitt hat or cowl. Does she have the old school Pitt colors or the new ones? I know you will understand that question - haha :)

    ReplyDelete