Pages

Friday, February 18, 2022

Starting an Extra-long Weekend

All day so far I've been a bit confused about what day it is. I know that's a pretty typical pandemic experience, but today it's because I'm taking the day off (as well as Monday) in order to spend some extra time with Rainbow while she's off from school -- it's the end of the trimester, so the teachers are getting a couple of days to do their grades and reports. This morning we went to Costco to stock up on quite a few things, and this evening my brother, sister-in-law, and dog-nephew will be joining us for dinner, so we'll be baking challah and cooking dinner later this afternoon.

One thing that I hope to spend some serious time with over the long weekend is my Shifty pullover. I've added several dozen rounds, but working in slip-stitch pattern with fingering weight yarn means that it doesn't add up to much.


I think the colors are getting more subtle and dark in the current pairing of yarns, and every time I try to take a photo, it gets blown out. So I'm sorry that this picture is so dark, but at least you get a fairly accurate representation of the color.

Later today, I'm hoping to slide half the stitches onto a spare needle so that I can try on the sweater. I want to make sure the fit is okay, especially after what happened with my last sweater project, but I also want to get a better sense of how much more length I need to add to the body.

I hope you get to have some extra relaxation time this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your dinner plans sound good, as do your weekend plans for extra days off and Shifty. Rainbow got the last sweater so you want to make sure Shifty remains yours! Have a good long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the gorgeous challah on IG... wow! Stunning (almost too pretty to eat!)

    Enjoy your long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the latest picture on ravelry, and I am so in love with the way you are putting the colours together. The sweater looks so good, it reminds me a little bit of Van Gogh's paintings with the little sprinkles in front of the dark background.

    I hope that you will have a fantastic Monday and that the family evening was as pleasant as can be! I'm so happy that you can all meet up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater is beautiful. How nice to have a family dinner again. I did see the photo of you on Instagram and it looks like the sweater fits. Knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By now, you're nearing the end of your extra-long weekend. I hope it's been wonderful and relaxing, Sarah. And your sweater is lovely! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I meant to comment about that raisin challah yesterday - it looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete