Pages

Monday, June 17, 2024

Just in Time for the Heat Wave

Greetings from the Excessive Heat Watch! I know it's summer, but mid-June is a bit early for mid- to upper 90s F in my neck of the woods, which is what we're expecting all this week and through next weekend. With the heat index, it's not out of the question that it'll feel upwards of 100ยบ F. In case you're wondering, I am not a fan. I run cold generally, but I also don't like heat and humidity, so I will be spending as much time as possible in the air conditioning this week.

And because my timing is always impeccable, I've chosen this week to launch my latest knitting pattern! (I guess at least it's not a heavy sweater.)

You all saw this while it was being worked on, but now it's officially been blocked, photographed, written up, and edited. I'm calling it I'm Still Stranding -- I just love a good pun. It's up in my Ravelry and Payhip shops now, if you're interested, and an email is going out with a discount code to newsletter subscribers later this morning.

We had a really nice weekend before the heat set in. On Friday, in addition to doing my running and baking, Mo and I did a little shopping, first at Michaels for craft items (she's been into making stitch markers/progress keepers out of polymer clay lately) and then at Old Navy for some new summer duds. I found a couple of great summer dresses that I kind of want to live in this summer; she got new jeans, a cute tennis-style dress, and a two-piece bathing suit -- all in women's sizes (yikes!). She wore the suit and the dress yesterday when she went to the pool with my parents and my nephew, and then she came home completely wiped out from all the sun. Yesterday we had brunch with our parents, siblings, and nephews for Father's Day. My youngest nephew just started walking in the past week, so it was so cute to see him and the middle nephew toddling around!

Mo and I officially wrapped up all our Downton Abbey watching early last week, and now we've started in on Gilmore Girls. I've been working on my rainbow Bousta Beanie the past several evenings while we watched. It's moving right along, despite having to tink back a couple of times because I've forgotten that the rainbow yarn is the MC and the black is the CC.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very busy week -- I received all the content for a magazine late Thursday -- but I also have Wednesday off for Juneteeth, and I think that break midweek should keep me from getting too stressed.

Stay cool and well hydrated, friends!

9 comments:

  1. Weeks like this are why I'm not a big fan of summer, but sadly, we can't do much about the weather. Your cowl is lovely and your hat is delightfully colorful. There is plenty of Gilmore Girls to watch and it's a fun show (or at least that's how I remember it). Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fan-tastic 'weekend that was'! And I'm a big fan of rainbow with black -- the beanie looks great.
    I know how Mo felt -- the sun really wipes me out. Breeze, please! While the last full school day was last Thursday, Linc still has 3 finals he has to go in for (and our school has NO A/C!), so we're not living at the lake *quite* yet. But that cold water's calling, for sure!
    Keep that mid-week break in mind as you get through your project...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am likewise thankful for AC this week... I walked early and it was plenty warm then! I am going to "toss the stash" to see if I can't find something that will work for I'm Still Stranding (LOVE LOVE LOVE that name!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bousta Beanie is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying how it knitting up.

      Delete
  5. That heat is headed our way tomorrow and supposed to stay through Friday. I'm not a fan but we'll make the best of it and I'm grateful for AC in our bedroom for sleeping, at least. Love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the pattern! I'd much rather knit a cowl for cool weather than a sweater right now ... and folks can get a headstart on holiday gifts! Hope you and Mo are enjoying Gilmore Girls. Sara and I started watching it together when she was about Mo's age and we some delightful shared memories and vocabulary from the show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cowl pattern and using self striping yarn for the Bousta is brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Gilmore Girls! I also love your scarf pattern. Headed to Ravelry now...

    ReplyDelete