Pages

Monday, July 22, 2024

A Quiet Weekend

I groaned a bit this morning when my alarm went off and I realized it was Monday again, but I can't complain at all about the weekend because it was quiet and restful. Mo is old enough now that we don't have to make sure someone is home with her all the time, but all the same it was a bit strange not having her here. We did go out for a nice dinner on Friday night, but other than that, it was a very relaxed couple of days -- especially because I was able to get most of my typical weekend chores done on Friday.

A good portion of my weekend was spent working on my Rift tee, which, I'm happy to report, is officially done (but still needs to be blocked before I take official FO photos).

I can report that the fit is exactly as I wanted it, with a bit of positive ease and full length rather than cropped. I'll have a full report on it once it's washed and blocked.

Yesterday was the last day of Tour de Fleece, and though it was a much less productive Tour for me compared to years past, I'm happy with what I spun. I've finished the first bobbin of singles for my body skein:

I also spent part of the weekend tending to the garden, where I discovered we have some baby squashes!

I'd been checking the plants regularly, but as they did last year, the vines got sneaky and were growing over the fence on our neighbors' side, so I hadn't spotted the squash babies growing. This one is a spaghetti squash, but we have a few small butternut squashes growing as well. It's nice to see something other than tomatoes, which have been my main harvest thus far:

What is on the counter is what I picked yesterday -- our first zucchini, a handful of cherry tomatoes, and some basil. The tomatoes in the bowl were picked over the last week, and I used all of them, plus the basil, in the pasta I made for dinner last night.

Today is business as usual, and I'm hoping work isn't too crazy. Have a good start to your week!

6 comments:

  1. What a productive weekend, Sarah! Your garden bounty is impressive! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just like that you have a new Rift! It seems like you knit it in record time. Your handspun is lovely, and congratulations on your garden harvest and using it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking Rift and I think the color will be wonderful on you. I'm jealous of all of those cherry tomatoes, they are my favorite and there's nothing like the taste when they are home grown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice garden haul! Looking forward to seeing Rift on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Rift (for the record, I really like your first one too). Nice garden haul! Isn't it wonderful to use your own garden produce when you cook?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Rift looks very pretty. I look forward to reading the full report. Look at your garden grow. Tomatoes and basil are the best summer combination.

    ReplyDelete