Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Unraveled, Week 29/2024

This week is flying by -- I can't believe it's already Wednesday! That means it's time to link up with Kat and the Unravelers and to talk about making and reading. And today I have a finished object to share with you.

I actually finished my Little Plinth Tee preview knit last week before we left, but I didn't have a chance to block it until we got back. I'm so happy with how this turned out! I knit the 6 month size, with the intention of putting it away for my niece (due in November) for next spring. I used Lolabean Yarn Co. Bean Sprout (fingering weight superwash merino/nylon) in the colorway African Violets that I had bought at Indie Untangled before Rhinebeck in 2019 -- not the oldest yarn in my stash, but certainly one that was well marinated! I had some issues with the pattern that were purely user error, namely my apparent inability to count accurately, but no problems with the pattern itself. I believe Kerri is planning to release the pattern next week. It's sized from 3 months up to 12 years -- and there's an adult version (Ravelry link), too!

I'm still working on my Rift tee, but it doesn't look all that different from the photo I shared on Monday, so I'll wait to update you until you can actually see the progress that has been made. Instead, here's how my sweater spinning project is going:

This is the third bit of fiber for the first ply of my body skein (got that?). The body skein is the biggest of the three I have left to spin for this project, but compared to the blue skeins, this is taking a lot less time to complete. This first ply is three parts silver, one part orange; the second will be two of each and the third one part silver and three parts orange. The finished yarn, once plied, will gradually transition from all silver to all orange. The sleeve skeins will do the same but be smaller.

For the first time in a long time, I have finished no books in the past week! That's largely because I spent most of my reading time last week on A Suitable Boy to ensure that I got my weekly pages done before we left on our trip (because I was not taking that brick of a book with me!). I am, however, close to finishing Songs for the Brokenhearted, which I started while we were away, and I'm really enjoying it.

What are you making and reading this week?

11 comments:

  1. Little Plinth is lovely! I did click over to the adult version, but I don't think my body type is terribly well-suited for a ruffle in that area. But ruffles are always sweet on baby girls! Your spinning is coming along and I look forward to seeing more of this yarn as you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Little Plinth Tee is just adorable Sarah! So so cute! I will excited to see your spin progress as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little sweater, Sarah! Lovely spinning - as always. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Little Plinth is adorable! I'm sure your niece will look especially cute in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute little sweater! And go you on the spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plinth is just darling! What a great sweater for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think it would be possible for a baby girl pattern to replace the Lilly Rose Dress ... but that Little Plinth Tee is just adorable! I'm picturing your niece toddling around in leggings and that tee ... all the happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little tee is so cute. It looks like a garment a little one could wear in several different ways, extending the time she could wear it. You are making some good progress with this spin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember when everyone was reading that brick of a book! Funny how I could picture it. Nowadays with ebooks it’s so much easier. And reading is private in public spaces. Which isn’t so much fun for curious types like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, I'm reading a physical copy of the brick! It probably would have made more sense to get an ebook, but I went right for the paperback. It does make it easier to see exactly how far I've gotten in it, though.

      Delete