Pages

Friday, September 11, 2026

Commemorations

It's Friday, but it's a special day. Today we mark 25 years since the events of 9/11. I so clearly remember that day, and it's almost incomprehensible to me that it's been 25 years since it happened. Though I don't know anyone who lost their life that day, it's always a solemn day for me and I suspect for everyone who was of a certain age that day. As I do every year on this date, I'll be pausing for a moment of reflection this morning.

On a happier note, this evening we will welcome Rosh Hashanah with a big family meal at our house. As we share apples and honey, we will share our wishes for a sweet new year. And that, dear friends, is what I wish for you -- a year ahead that is happy, healthy, and sweet.


6 comments:

  1. First, Shana Tova to you and your family! Second, I was thinking this morning... how has it been 25 years. I remember so clearly where I was the morning before everything changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana Tova to you and your family. It's kind of nice to celebrate a New Year in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet, happy, and healthy year to you and your Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet and happy new year to your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. And to you and your family, a sweet and healthy New Year. September 11 will always be a day of sober memories for me. This year my daughter, with her running group, participated in a relay that carried a flag from Boston to NYC. Although Kate was still in Ne. at the time, many in the group knew people who died that day so it was an emotional event.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment! I try to reply to all comments if I can, but I can only do that if I have your email address. If yours isn't associated with your Blogger account and you'd like me to respond to your comments, please send me an email so I have it!