Pages

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Felt it

Another FO to file under "Where Did This Project Come From?"


Pattern: My own, felted clutch
Yarn: Freedom by Twilleys of Stamford, 100% wool, two skeins
Needles: US 11 straights (base) US 10 1/2 circs (body and flap)

Another shot, this time with the flap open (it tucks inside as seen above):


This was some of the yarn I picked up 55% off at Pittsburgh Knit and Bead just before it closed. I didn't have a project in mind at the time, but I knew it would likely be something felted. This yarn is super chunky and is essentially roving with a slight twist to it. Here you can see what was left after weaving in the ends:


The construction of this bag was simple: I cast on using straights, knit for a couple inches in seed stitch, and then picked up stitches on the other three sides of the rectangle and knit the rest of the bag in stockinette. The only exception to the stockinette is a small purled heart on one side, which I used a little of the leftover black to outline. I ran this through the washing machine once and it felted beautifully. It shrank an incredible amount and the fabric became quite dense, but incredibly you can still see some stitch definition. I think this will serve nicely as a case for my dpns.

I have quite a few WIPs on the needles right now: socks for my future FIL, Lady Eleanor for my future MIL, a Clapotis for my mom, and a pair of socks pour moi. Still need to measure my dad's feet for his socks and I'll have to figure out what to do for the brothers (mine and J's), but I think I've got enough to keep me busy for now! Progress shots this week, if there's something interesting to show.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:48 PM

    You can measure his fist for the size of his feet. Ah, but it might be proximity stopping you though, eh? In which case, not helpful. Oh well.

    Cute clutch!

    ReplyDelete