Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Just in time ...

for the (near) end of Socktoberfest, a pair of completed socks! I give you ...

Siegfried & Roy!
Pattern: My own -- basic stockinette with K2P2 ribbing at cuff, leg shaping, and a slip stitch heel
Yarn: Cascade Fixation (98.3% cotton, 1.7% elastic), color 9967, two skeins
Needles: US 1 Addi Turbo 12" circs

These were actually finished Friday evening, but I haven't had a chance to post until now. I've named them Siegfried and Roy because the striping made me think of their white tigers, particularly the way it pooled near the cuff. Rrrrr.

Now that these are done, I've started a new travel sock -- another custom-fit design of my own, this time a knee-high stocking. I'm calling these socks my Pumpking Pie Socks, as I'm using the peachy cream and pumpkin colors of Jaeger Matchmaker I ordered from WEBS. So far the cuff is done and the first round of decreases have been completed. You'll get a peek when there's more of the leg to see!

ETA: In case trek is reading, I picked up some more Fixation on Thursday evening in order to make some Adult Wonkies!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Very nice! I wish I could have a pair of socks at the end of Socktoberfest, but it's not going to be - unless you can count one sock each from 2 different patterns!
    -Sockret Pal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:26 PM

    They look very Siegfried & Roy. Very cool socks.

    ReplyDelete