Last night was the monthly meeting of the Hurricane Knitters at the Waterworks Barnes & Noble. We were a smaller group than usual, although Yvonne came to join us and Julia came back for a second time and we had a newcomer, Alice. Jenn and Betsy were there as usual, but we missed the company of Donna and Jen (although we suspect Jen was probably having a better time in England).
The real shocker of the evening? 40 GUY DID NOT SHOW UP! Although I left about 9 pm, Jenn told me that some of the group was there until closing and he never made an appearance. We may have to go on a non-Wednesday night and see if he's acutally gone or if he's on to us and is avoiding knit night.
Now, back to blog business. Donna has tagged me for a meme. Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Alright, on to the eight weird facts ...
1. I hate to drive, but I love being a passenger on car trips (more knitting time!)
2. I have a scar just above my nose and next to one of my eyebrows from when I had chicken pox when I was four years old.
3. I sleep with a stuffed elephant just about every night (or at least when J isn't home). I use it as a pillow that I stuff under my chin.
4. I am perpetually early. It seems to run in my family, as my father is the same way. However, this works out, as J tends to run late -- so between the two of us, we're usually on time.
5. As far as music is concerned, I have a weakness for Italian pop. My favorite is Eros Ramazzotti, and I've bought his CDs in such far-off locations as Disney World, Canada, and Israel.
6. I eat cheese just about every day, including in the sandwich I take just about every day to work for lunch (hummus and swiss on a bagel).
7. I am allergic to lilies.
8. I once bit down on a crayon. I was in kindergarten and was coloring on a piece of paper taped to the blackboard. I guess I was really into it and must've had my mouth open and rather close to the crayon, because when the girl next to me bumped into me -- CHOMP. To this day, I can't stand the smell of crayons.
So, who to tag? I'm not sure I have eight people to tag, since so many of the bloggers I know have already done this meme. I guess I'll tag Becky, Rebecca, Jen, Amy, Amanda, and you (if you haven't done this one already).
On tap tonight: watching the season finales (The Office, Grey's, and ER), finishing the first Grasshopper sock and casting on for the second, and downloading some podcasts.