Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finished: Another Pair of Jaywalkers

As it turns out, I may have been just a tad bit off in my estimate of how much yarn I had left for my second sock. Just a bit.


Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina (September 2005 MagKnits)
Yarn: Socks That Rock lightweight (100% superwash merino), colorway Lucy, one skein
Needles: two US 1 (2.5 mm*) 12" Addi Turbo circs
Started/Completed: April 28/May 11

I know you're wondering just how much yarn was really left in the end. The answer? This much:

This is about the size of the "emergency sock yarn" you get in each Rockin' Sock Club shipment -- in other words, not very much. But it was enough, and now at least I know that one skein of STR is enough to make a pair of Jaywalkers to feet my enormous feet.

There's not much to say about the pattern. Obviously it's genious and it fits me perfectly and it's one of my favorites (or else I wouldn't have knitted it so many times already). This won't be my last pair, I can promise you that.

The yarn? There's plenty to say about this yarn. It is FANTASTIC. Soft, luxurious, and fabulous color. I'm glad I have four skeins still in the stash and several more to come in club shipments. STR now ranks up there with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock as one of my favorite sock yarns.


*It was recently pointed out to me that I've been posting the wrong size (in mm) of my Addis. I had assumed that my US 1s were the standard 2.25 mm, but on closer inspection of my needles I discovered that they're actually 2.5 mm. Leave it to the Addi folks to be different!

3 comments:

  1. Exactly how big are your feet? I've got a skein of Lucy and have considered trying Jaywalkers. The Broadripple seems to be my go-to pattern though and is very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Beautiful socks!!

    Now remember how I said the yarn I chose for you is so hard to come by? Well, I got some last night and it will be soon on its way to me!! I can't wait!

    Sockapalooza pal.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I wanna know how big these enormous feet of yours are. I inquire because well... I have 11's. lol! So I know enormous!

    Great Jay's! The STR striped up so nicely for you in the cuff!

    ReplyDelete