Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Big Pink Blob

For most of the weekend, I knit diligently on the growing French Market Bag. It's now close to being finished, with two of the four handle sections left to be knit and ends to be woven in. I don't think I realized just how large it was until I laid it out on the couch to take this picture:

Yup, it covers pretty much all of one of the couch cushions. I wanted this bag to be bigger than the first one I knit, but I think I may have gotten a little carried away. Tonight I will be finishing it, and depending on how long that takes me I may throw it in the wash as well to begin the felting fun. Look for a finished bag in the next couple of days.

My other knitting is a little boring at the moment. I've got a few cable crosses done on the back of my Central Park Hoodie and about three inches done on the second red garter rib sock. I'm in a bit of a funk, as I just can't get too excited about any particular project. Since lack of knitting progress makes for boring blog posts, I'll do my best to get into one project or another -- perhaps the Seamless Hybrid I'll finally allow myself to cast on for once the bag is off the needles? We shall see ...

In the meantime, I must admit that I've been seriously remiss in noting that Jess, Octopus Knits, and Yvonne have all nominated me a

Thanks, gals! Since I've taken so long to publicly acknowledge this honor, just about every other female blogger in the universe has already been nominated, so might I suggest you check out my blogroll? There are plenty of Rockin' Girl Bloggers there -- not to mention a few rockin' guy bloggers as well!

5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that my mojo returns with a week at the Lake, plenty of quilting and more knitting than I know what to do with. Oh, I also have three DVDs of Heroes and a weather forecast that's either including rain or highs in the 50s. Here's hoping it'll be a productive week!

    French market bag will be perfect once it's felted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag makes me laugh because Rufus can take up less space than that on a couch cushion! He won't shrink and felt when he's washed though. He's not pretty and pink, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Big. And pink!
    I can't wait to see it as an FO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Uuuuummmmmm, excuse me, what yarn is that? You can't just tease us with pictures of fabulous pink yarn.

    And what about Rockin' Boy Bloggers? Can I be one? I think I rock! NOT!!!!! I dunno, you tell me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd almost rather the bag be too big than too small though since felting will help you out with the ideal size you want. I hope it comes out exactly as you hope and I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete