Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

Can I Cast On Yet?

So, I swatched again for the Tangled Yoke Cardigan, this time on US 4s. I'm still not perfect, but I'm much closer. My gauge over four inches was 23 stitches and 33 rows; the pattern gauge is 24 stitches and 36 rows. The row gauge doesn't bother me much. As to stitch gauge, I am going to use that quarter of a stitch to my advantage. I know that this sweater is designed to have negative ease. I am smack dab between the two sizes, so I am going to knit the smaller of the two and allow those extra stitches to get me to a slightly larger real-life size.

But, I'm not allowing myself to cast on just yet, as much as I want to. I am still working on the two other sweaters, and they're taking enough time without adding a third into the mix.

One thing that's not taking a lot of time is the most recent Rockin' Sock Club socks. I cast on for both at the same time, but I've only been taking one to work with me to knit on during my lunch hour. That first sock was finished last night:


Trust me when I tell you this sock is absolutely adorable on, and the colors are much more vibrant in person. Granted this is not a colorway I would have selected on my own, but it works very well with this pattern and is behaving itself (no unsightly pooling!). The pattern itself is very quick: a lace cuff (20 rows) followed by an inch and a half of ribbing and an inch of stockinette for the rest of the leg portion, an eye-of-partridge heel, and easy-peasy stockinette foot. Although I only picked up the second sock -- for reals -- last night, I'm already into the gusset. This pair should be done by the end of the weekend, or at the very first for the beginning of Socktoberfest!

8 comments:

  1. Are you liking the BMFA sock club and do you think you'll re-up? I have yet to fondle my first hank of STR and am eyeing a spot in their 2008 sock club. Your pictured sock looks awesome!

    I'm quite convinced that sock knitting is viral. I'm cruising on my Cat Bordhi first sock. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a speed demon! I am not re-upping as I have loathed every pattern, but I am ever the STR yarn enthusiuast...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I loved the pair that the Harlot whipped up in no time. It's a very pretty colorway. I guess that's the beauty of a club... it makes you expand your color horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your gauge is going to work for you (that's always nice!) I love that color combo with the sock pattern - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:37 PM

    Hey - I've seen that sock somewhere before!
    Good luck with Tangled Yoke - can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that you shouldn't worry about your row gauge. The pattern is PERFECT in that it tells you quite frequently how many inches sections should be. Since my row gauge was also a bit off, I found that so helpful. Gotta love Eunny!

    LOVE the sock. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:14 AM

    I love that sock...so cute! What's the STR colorway, for those of us not in the club??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:50 AM

    That picture makes me think I MUST get busy and knit mine!

    ReplyDelete