Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Finished: Modified Canada Socks

From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!

Pattern: based on Canada from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Reynolds Soft Sea Wool (100% wool), color 0569/dark blue, two skeins, and color 0263/off white, approx. 1/4 skein
Needles: two US 1 (2.5 mm) 12" Addi Turbo circs
Started/Completed: August 26/September 22

Mods: For one thing, I decided to stick with two colors for the colorwork (the pattern called for three). I also completely switched out the cuff, opting for a simple 2x2 rib with a couple purl bands for texture. I shortened the leg by an inch or so and subbed my standard wide toe.


These were such fun to knit and are quite squishy and warm. They will be great once sandal weather is over. I'm thoroughly addicted to colorwork now and am already plotting my next stranded project.

Meanwhile, I finished the back of the CPH and cast on for one of the fronts, put in another inch or so on The Mister's sweater, and finally cast on for the Summer of Love Lace socks (they were the August BFMA shipment -- better late than never, right?). My mojo is back!

8 comments:

  1. Your CANADA socks look beautiful! I still want to knit these someday. I like all the mods you made to the pattern, and, it makes it a tad less expensive to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Sarah, those are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:18 PM

    Wow, that is awesome and so pretty!!!!! And fast too. Didn't you just start that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! They're very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the two color mod, what a great idea, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:03 AM

    They are gorgeous Sarah! (prettier than the ones in the book in my opinion!) I love blue and white - my favorite color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are FABulous! Love what you did with the two colors!

    Hey, I'm working on the CPH, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are honestly stunning! I also think your design modifications are fabulous. I noticed the cuff design immediately! Maybe I'll have to try stranded socks after all.

    ReplyDelete