Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

Continuing the Trend

Thanks for all of your compliments on the CPH! I am resisting the urge to wear it every day, that's how much I love it. I definitely want to knit another one -- someday --in a larger size for more of a sweatshirt feel, but for now I'm very happy with a snug cardi.

After seeing the results of being faithful to one project, I decided to be good this weekend and work on some other gift knitting. First I finished the first of my mother-in-law's Monbras/Zekeys (thanks to Weezalana for those wacky names!). Then I focused on The Mister's long-languishing Seamless Hybrid. I spent several hours on Saturday watching some Netflixed DVDs and working on the second sleeve. Now both are approximately half done:

We're definitely getting close to the point where I join the sleeves and the body, and now that this is the only sweater I'm working on, I can give it my full attention.

Of course, there's a little bit of a distraction. Like these:


One of my coworkers (the same one for whom I knit a sweater earlier in the year) recently opened a gallery downtown where she sells her self-designed jewelry along with artwork and other hand-made items, and she asked me to knit some things for her to sell. With all the holiday knitting I've been doing, I couldn't really commit to any big projects, so she asked me to do some ornaments. Everything you see here will fit in the palm of your hand, and all were knit on 2.25 mm needles (Knit Picks Harmony dpns, to be exact). The red and green sock is worked over 24 stitches, the purply one over 18. These are fast, satisfying, and (I hope) popular with her customers. The best part? Well, they use up some of my huge bag of sock yarn scraps and they really help assuage the urge to cast on a new project!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those minis look fantastic! I need to peruse the seamless hybrid pattern. That could wind up in my queue once I seam some of these sweater pieces I have hanging around my house! (xxfsxc .. yeesh, that's a lot of X's!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ornaments are too darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ornaments are darling! Did you come up with your own pattern? I assume they're in-the-round-raglans? Super cute! And your hoodie is SO gorgeous. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable ornaments! Did you use a pattern for the mini sweaters? I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete