Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Time: It's Not on My Side

I can't believe another week got away from me. Much house-related craziness has been going on, unfortunately without anything to show for it. Lest you think I've been spending all my time cleaning and browsing the real estate listings ...

Look, I finished another baby sweater!

Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles (the so-called February Sweater) from Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport (60% pima cotton, 40% modal), colorway Aquamarine (discontinued), approximately 2.5 skeins
Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm) circs
Started/Completed: February 27/March 9
Mods: cast on more stitches for a wider neck; worked sweater entirely in the round; made only three buttonholes

I like how this sweater turned out, but I think it might be even cuter in wool. This yarn is just a tad bit too drape-y for my taste. I decided to use this property of the yarn to my advantage and made only three buttonholes to turn a cardigan into a little swing jacket.

Last night, I cast on for what I hope will be the last of the baby sweaters for a while. This one is for a coworker, who loves the color yellow. Done.

This is the same sweater I've knit twice before, so it'll be an easy knit. I'm looking forward to the next adult-sized sweater, which will be a test knit for a new online knitting magazine. I swatched over the weekend and am ready to go as soon as I get the pattern.

I do have some exciting news to share with you. This past weekend was my birthday (that's not the exciting news; I'm not all that enthused about being another year older), and I got some great presents. My in-laws got me a gift card to Knit One, which means a sweater for me and The Mister. My parents and my aunts and uncles all gave me money toward my wheel fund -- enough that, as soon as the checks clear, I'll be ordering my Lendrum! Yay!

Finally, I have a photo to share with all of you who have been asking what happened with my aunt and her sweater. This should answer all your questions:

Yep, looks like I'm not getting it back!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like how the EZ baby sweater came out.

    And your aunt looks great in her sweater. I haven't quite dared to knit an adult sweater for someone else yet.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookit that smile on her face! Yeeeahhh, I wouldn't count on getting that back.

    Whoo hoo, another cute baby sweater!

    Whoo hoo, wheel!

    Whoo hoo, new knittin' e-zine! (Thanks for that link, I can't wait 'til it launches!)

    And here's wishing you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:57 PM

    So many wonderful things! I wonder if the baby sweater would work well in a wool/cotton blend. Any plans for other EZ knits in the near future? Oh wait that's a stupid question .. you're getting your wheel. Knitting time as you now know it is going to be sparse. ;-) Happy Belated Birthday and congratulations on the wheel. That's the best present ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby sweater looks lovely in that yarn. The next one looks really nice too. Your aunt looks gorgeous in her beautiful sweater. I wouldnt think you would get it back either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated bday! The sweater looks great on Leah. I will see you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Not a chance! It looks fabulous on your aunt.

    The baby sweaters are cute! And happy birthday! Enough for the wheel! Pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Shine Sport is the ticket, such a lovely FBS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby sweater is so cute! I think I'm going to have to give that pattern a try. And your aunt is so lucky to be the recipient of such a beautiful sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday!

    May all your yarn be warm, you needles smooth and project turn out the way they should....

    ReplyDelete