Pages

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Like Toffee, But Calorie Free

Plied on Thursday, washed and "thwacked" last night, my second handspun:

Two ply spun from 8 oz. of Louet Northern Lights 100% wool top, in a colorway called Toffee. Reds, browns, yellows, and violets. I just love the barberpole effect.


It's not a very consistent weight, as there's still a little thick-and-thin action going on; it's somewhere between a DK and a worsted, I think. I have approximately 286 yards, so enough for a pair of ankle socks or a cute hat. Maybe a jaunty beret? Or maybe this is just going to be another contribution to my own handspun museum!

5 comments:

  1. Mmm! Kinda like a light cocoa cake with raspberry buttercream! You're well on your way to competing with JARED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for a jaunty beret, but then again, I would vote for anything jaunty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! It seems the transition to spinning is going rather smoothly.....I have been eying drop spindles online; though, I hardly have time to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe that's only your second handspun! Looks great!

    I say beret. Wie wie, beret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:43 PM

    You're a total natural!! That looks abso-freakin' amazing!

    Isn't the Lendrum a dream to spin with?

    ReplyDelete