Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Diet? High in Fiber

Two surprises were waiting for me when I got home this evening -- my orders from the Loopy Ewe and Sonny & Shear! (How's that for fast shipping?) Let's just say I have a lot of quality time with my wheel ahead.

First, from Kris at Sonny & Shear:


Lorna's Laces Wool Top, 8 oz., colorway Rainbow


DragonFibers BFL, 4 oz., colorway Rosehip


Miss Babs BFL, 4 oz., colorway Van Gogh

And from Sheri at the Loopy Ewe:


Dyeing Arts Dazzling Duo (without an errant apostrophe) superwash merino, 4 oz., colorway Sleepy Doormouse


Gale's Art BFL, 4 oz., colorway Deep Blue Sea


Sakina Needles BFL, 4 oz., colorway Smokestack

Let me tell you, these are two retailers who know how to run a business! Both orders were mailed within hours of being placed and got to me in two days. Both arrived neatly packaged, with each roving wrapped in plastic (the Sonny & Shear fiber was even tied up with bows, like a present). Both had small goodie bags with a few treats -- some yummy tea bags (from a company called Stash, natch) from Sonny & Shear and yarn sample cards and sample-sized Soak from the Loopy Ewe. Finally, both had handwritten notes thanking me for my business -- Sheri even reminded me to "take time to knit this week" (d'you think she's worried I'll be doing nothing but spinning?). I will definitely be purchasing from these fiber pushers, er, I mean, shop owners again. May I suggest you click over and do the same if you're in the market for some yarn, fiber, patterns, or notions?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, now that is great customer service. I'll definitely be keeping those two shops in mind for fiber in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sonny & Shear! It's my favorite online pusher. Er, seller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am constantly amazed at how quickly the Loopy Ewe ships...and how slooow some others ship:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried Sonny & Shear yet, but TLE is amazing. The only time they don't ship same-day is right after a big sneak-up. Sheri and the Loopy Elves are the BEST!

    Your fiber looks really awesome! Have fun with the fiber-ey stuff around the house organizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:11 AM

    Is it wrong that I'm insanely jealous of your new purchases?

    Beautiful fibers; I may have to go have a little looksee. What could it hurt to look, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the pleasure of meeting Kris at TNNA a few weeks ago, and she's incredibly nice and definitely worthy of that praise you bestowed on her! :) Great wool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:15 PM

    A high fiber diet is soooo good for you.

    I love the Mister's TV Static socks! Wild thing, in his black AND gray socks.

    Your new house looks so cute! All moved in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:13 PM

    ohhhhh prettyyyyyy. I'm trying like hell not to go shopping for more fiber. You temptress you!

    I love your home. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete