Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back to Normal

I didn't intend to be away from the blog for as long as I was, but we had a busier weekend than I was expecting. Then, yesterday was my birthday, so after a thrilling day of work, The Mister and I went out for a nice dinner. All in all, it was a pretty good birthday, and I received some nice gifts in the form of yarn money.

As long as I'm playing catch up, here is what I meant to post for Spinning Sunday:

This is a two-ply fingering weight superwash merino. The fiber was from Enchanted Knoll Farm, purchased from the Loopy Ewe. The colorway is "Big Sky." I had high hopes for some big yardage, particularly as I crammed as much as I possibly could onto my bobbing and had to empty it to ply the rest, but in the end I have only about 370 yards. That's respectable, but not what I was expecting.

Still, I quite like the results. After all, this yarn is shades of my current favorite color combination -- chocqua. And I really enjoyed working with this fiber. It had a very nice crimp to it and was quite fun to spin. I also really love that this is a relatively "green" fiber and it's a good price. I will definitely be buying more in the future.

Meanwhile, on the knitting front, I'm devoting much of my knitting time this week focused on finishing a UFO of long standing: Icarus.


I'm on the final chart and am hoping to finish this baby up by the end of the weekend. My office is actually closed on Friday, so I'm taking Thursday off for a really long weekend. I'm planning on spending much of the time doing fibery pursuits.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:58 AM

    happy burfday!

    the spinning looks fabulous as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Post-Birthday! What are you planning for celebratory yarn?

    Hehehe, chocqua. I'm going to try and work that into a sentence today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:46 AM

    Happy BELATED birthday!

    ReplyDelete