Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blue on Blue

These were a quick, fun knit. (And please don't mind the crappy lighting and chipped manicure in these photos. I was in a hurry to do a shoot and get this posted.)

Pattern: Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang
Yarn: Louet Gems Sport Weight, colorways Bluebird (approx. 110 yds) and Caribbean Blue (approx. 70 yards)
Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm) and 2 (2.75 mm) dpns
Started/Completed: March 17/March 25
Mods: used a regular long-tail cast on and bound off in rib rather than doing that tubular stuff

Knit in sportweight yarn, these are delightfully thick and squishy. The yarn had been sitting in my stash for quite some time, and the exciting part is that there is enough leftover from both skeins to make another pair of these!

As colorwork projects go, I'd rate these pretty easy. The pattern is always the same; the only tricky part is adding stitches for the thumb gusset, and Eunny's charts and directions are very clear. These were my lunchtime knitting for about a week and a half, so it certainly says something that I was able to tote the chart around and concentrate on them to finish them so fast. This is a fun pattern!

I must've caught some handwear bug, because no sooner did I finish these then I cast on for a pair of mittens (which are now more than halfway done). Is it because I've lost my sweater mojo? Hmm. I guess that doesn't matter as long as I have my monkey mojo.

8 comments:

  1. Those are nice! I will get back around to handwear. I have yarn for a pair of Knucks, but I have vest mojo and I'm gonna ride it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those and I bet the pattern wouldn't fit me and my man hands. Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! and perfect for this back and forth weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:30 PM

    I have those saved in a queue to knit someday. I like the colors you picked,very pretty.

    But there is one thing I must say....what is up with your new Ravelry picture????? Now I know you have gone completely fanatical over vampires...teehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! If I didn't have a strong, strong, strong aversion to colorwork, those would be headed for my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Endpapers in a perfect color combination!
    I've somehow drifted away from handwear (which I realized I tend to do in the spring/summer) -I know I will be back to it with a vengeance in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Those are awesome!

    ReplyDelete