Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

In Spite of the Weather

It's spring outside, though you wouldn't know it from my knitting. Since finishing the monkey, I've been knitting only for myself. My big project is one that's long been in my queue: the Tangled Yoke Cardigan.

I'm knitting this in the delicious Sublime Extrafine Merino DK, a delightfully squishy cabled yarn. It's a little heavier than the called-for Rowan Felted Tweed, but I love the extra squoosh of the knit fabric.

Meanwhile, my lunchtime knitting has been a Lace Ribbon Scarf out of my first Intentions yarn club shipment. This colorway is called Bliss, and it definitely describes the experience of knitting with this wool/bamboo blend.


This is probably just a few hours' knitting time away from being done, and then I'll have to find something else to fit in my purse knitting bag. Got any suggestions? (I think I'm off socks for the time being.)

4 comments:

  1. I never thought I would see the words "I'm off socks" written on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what Jenn said.

    How about another Mr Foster? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, Blogger ate my first comment.

    Isn't the Lace Ribbon Scarf great? Such a quick and easy pattern!

    What about a blanket of mitered squares or something along those lines? You could easily carry around the individual motifs if your purse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do my eyes deceive me--OFF SOCK?!!!

    ReplyDelete