I'm happy to report that as of about half an hour ago, all 8 oz. are plied. I don't have the time to skein and wash it tonight, so I'll have to wait at least another couple of days to find out if I got enough yardage for Water Music. It is considerably thinner than the first attempt, so I'm optimistic.
Overall, it was a good Tour de Fleece for me this year. I finished three yarns -- the merino/seacell from the first week and the corriedale that's still on the bobbin as well as the Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino in Material Girl, which was skeined and washed earlier in the week.
I ended up with 377 yards of fingering and managed to salvage some of the tangled singles (I added them to my designated leftovers bobbin).
I also finished four of the six 1 oz. sock batts on my spindle.
I'm determined to keep spinning at a regular pace until I finish all six; at the rate I was going, that shouldn't take me more than a couple of weeks. Then I will ply the two skeins on a wheel.
This certainly wasn't as productive a Tour as I've had in past years (based simply on amount spun), but I spun everything from stash. If you count the singles, I got through a pound and a half of fiber -- not too shabby, if I do say so!
My spinning mojo is still in full force, but I'm also looking forward to picking up my needles again. With any luck, I'll be starting to use some of this handspun in the next few days.